Friday, December 31, 2010

2011: Year of the Herkimer


                                 (photo)


In just the past few weeks, I have had several chance encounters and internet blog feeds (including even some more from a "fashion" and vintage perspective than spiritual) touting this lovely gem.  The herkimer seems to be every where! It's in many ways my favorite and a stone I associate with dreams, reiki, and pure love.  Some associate it with the third eye while others associate it with the crown chakra.  Some use it for astral travel and for communication with beings from the plant, animal and mineral kingdoms as well as celestial energies.  The stone cleanses its environs and thus frequently needs to be cleansed itself.  The clear stones are mined in Herkimer NY USA.  

 


I have a few of these golden citrine herkimers which come from India and North/South America.  I associate these with the Reiki healing symbol and find them helpful in clearing out emotions and difficult feelings.

I think herkimers are very effectively worn as jewelry and can also be put under your pillow or used in a reiki healing grid.  Below are some photos of herkimer jewelry for sale on Etsy that I think are very pretty (not for sale by me and also I have not received any endorsement from the sellers).  I heart & shop Etsy always!






Herkimer "Diamond"
"Herkimer Diamond is called the 'stone of attunement'...Psychically, it's useful for auric cleansing and dream recall. Mystical lore says that physically it can be used to heal addictions and remove toxins."

"Herkimer Diamonds are also said to help people to become attuned to each other. They are especially useful for helping healers to attune to their patients...
Herkimer diamonds are a very powerful clearer of electromagnetic pollution and a blocker of geopathic stress. " (Cite)



1 comment: