Wednesday, February 16, 2011

chalcedony-beautiful healing stone













cite
I have been on quite a gem and mineral kick lately.  With all the stress at my day job, I think I am finding my rock friends very comforting.  Today, I want to talk a little about blue chalcedony.  At a recent reiki share, one of the other healers sensed that I have 3 of them that I wear in the etheric like a griddle--love that image!


Here's a blurb about the healing properties of the stone "Chalcedony is a nurturing stone that promotes brotherhood and good will.  It absorbs negative energy.  It brings the mind, body, emotions and spirit into harmony.  Chalcedony instills feelings of benevolence and generosity.  It alleviates hostility and transforms melancholy into joy.  Eases self-doubt.  Creates openness and enthusiasm.  Absorbs and dissipates negative thoughts, emotions and bad dreams." (source)  These are exactly the things I need to function at my day job!  The universe truly provides.  


I was gifted two blue chalcedony stones in this plane and now I feel doubly blessed.  The blue variety of the stone (it comes in many colors) also helps the lungs, the throat chakra, and helps with verbal dexterity--all properties I need right now.  "Chalcedony is a variety of the mineral quartz that occurs in in a great variety of colors inlcuding blue, lavender, white, buff, light tan, gray, yellow, pink, red or brown. If chalcedony is conspicuously color-banded, it may be called agate and with other minerals it has various other names including carnelian, mocha stone, onyx, bloodstone to name a few." (source text and 2nd photo)

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty stone def one to consider for my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In person there is a wide variety of shades of the blue variety. I really like the milky light blue color. Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these stones are beautiful and wonderful for having healing elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them and get a very sweet feeling from them--gentle healing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. loove the stones!the ring is great!xx

    www.zscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a lovely stone, so soothing and grounded. Thank you for this information.

    ReplyDelete