Sunday, February 28, 2010

How to clear a room

The vibratone is a humorously named and perhaps even funnier looking bell instrument that in my mind is perhaps the best sound cleansing tool I have used.  The link above is where I got the photo and also has sound samples.  I first heard about it being used for energy work about a dozen years ago from Chilean shaman Luz Clara who also uses the scared sounds of the qultrun drum in healing ceremonies.

I loved it and have used it since.  The bell is struck by a mallet and the hole can be covered and uncovered for an other-worldly effect.  You can "point" the bell at your client while striking the instrument and covering and uncovering the aperture.  I like to circle the client or go over the aura or outside the body outline.  I find the tool also effective for space clearing, especially if there are any smoke sensitivities and white sage or other smudging herbs cannot be used.

Reiki and Reiki treatments in of themselves do not require cleansing and in fact are cleansing to the practitioner as well as the client.  Reiki can also cleanse and clear crystals, a room, or any tool.  Before and after treatment, I do think it's nice to clear the room for everyone's comfort and it is useful for grounding and bringing everyone back to the present moment at the end of treatment.  I find the Reiki emotional symbol very helpful, but I do incorporate sound and other techniques for space clearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment